ExpressPCB Forum

Forum Home

Back to ExpressPCB...

Express PCB Plus. Remove top copper layer (2 replies and 3 comments)

Nathan Lister
2 weeks ago
Nathan Lister 2 weeks ago

How do I totally get rid of the top copper layer and only leave holes and pads on the bottom layer?

This is a very simple PCB and I dont need solder pads on the top PCB layer.

I added 1 X 9 Pin Dupont style header, 1 X 8 Pin Dupont style Header, and 2 X 4 Pin Dupont Style Headers from the library in this software (theas dupont style headers are everywhere from PC Motherboards to Arduinos and only soldered on one side, the solder side) I dont need the chuffing top copper layer solder pads, I need the copper pads to be on the bottom layer of the PCB only.

How do I make your software get rid of the top copper layer soldering pads and leave the pads and holes on the solder side only?

If I could upload my RRB file then I would so you know what the hell I am talking about, But no you dont even allow uploading of your own RRB files.

Nathan Lister
2 weeks ago
Nathan Lister 2 weeks ago

Dupont headers look like this

Nathan Lister
2 weeks ago

No need for a bloody top side soldering pad so why say that single sided boards are obsolete?

Nathan Lister
2 weeks ago

I think you should add Single sided boards back to your software instead of when trying to select single sided being greted with an OBSOLETE message

Nathan Lister
2 weeks ago

Many of us "HAM Radio Operators" still make single sided boards. SO WHY OBSOLETE in your software?

ExpressPCB
2 weeks ago
ExpressPCB 2 weeks ago

I am really sorry but there is no way to remove the pads for holes or vias in the ExpressPCB programs.

Sunstone Circuits can work from your ExpressPCB file and add this feature. You can contact them at  support@sunstone.com  or call 1800 228 8198  to provide a quote.

Back to ExpressPCB...