The Garage

Forum Home

Back to The Garage...

Need to expose top side foil from below (6 replies)

nekvtster@gmail.com
1 year ago

I need to contact the underside of a surface-mount component. I want to open a 3/8"-diameter area from the back side of the PCB to make this contact. Has anyone tried this with a home work shop?

ExpressPCB
1 year ago
ExpressPCB 1 year ago

Drawing on the Solder Mask Layers

The ExpressPCB Classic layout program automatically blocks the solder mask from our library pads and
components. If you want to expose other areas, do so by drawing lines, arcs and rectangles on
the solder mask layers. To draw on one of these layers, it must first be displayed by checking
View top solder mask layer or View bottom solder mask layer in the Options dialog box. The
solder mask layers are displayed in reverse (solder mask is applied everywhere on the board, except where something is drawn).

In ExpressPCB Plus you can go to Colors and Visibility and select the Solder Mask layer you want to change. Then go to the Shapes category at the top and select the Solder Mask. Then select the drop down and select Keep Out Fill or Outline.

ella scott
12 months ago
ella scott 12 months ago

I discovered this is an instructive and fascinating post so i suspect as much it is extremely valuable and proficient. I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made in composing this article hotmail sign in

Sohit Sharma
11 months ago
Sohit Sharma 11 months ago

Now you can easily solve your client's problem without any phone or Email consideration, just visit our site & Sign up for the live chat website integration.

Livechatinc

Mukesh Choudhary
10 months ago
Mukesh Choudhary 10 months ago

Heyy, I’m a Cyber Security Expert and Information Security Professional. I am a regular resource person at BPR&D, MHA, Govt. of India. I am been assisting law enforcement agencies in cyber operations with his domain expertise from last six years. I have assisted various Indian intelligence agencies and state police in their operations. My advisories on Cyber Security have been appreciated by armed forces.

Best regards