“We are very excited to release Version 3.0. The new features, capabilities, and library integration will give ExpressPCB Plus users a very powerful and capable tool that is still very intuitive and easy to use. Since the introduction of ExpressPCB Plus we have been diligently working with our users to add features and capabilities that will simplify the design process and complement the strength of the tool, simplicity. Version 3.0 is that software.” -M. Hebda ExpressPCB Product Manager.
Integrated access to SnapEDA component libraries
Our new integrations with SnapEDA provides designers with a seamless interface, reducing time required to move from concept to reality. Designers can now let SnapEDA handle the time consuming task of component creation, and allow you to more easily manage you parts library. With access to millions of cloud based parts from SnapEDA, starting your design has never been easier!
- Provides integrated search and download capabilities from SnapEDA for both ExpressSCH Plus and ExpressPCB Plus.
- Easy download process for schematic symbols, component footprint, and viewing of component data sheets.
- Links with your SnapEDA account to provide customer part history.
- Support for oblong and octagonal pad shapes.
- Support for offset holes in oblong and rectangular pads.
Schematic Link was the most requested feature from our user community, as a trusted feature in our Classic software. We utilize the netlist from the schematic to highlight connections within the same net to ease routing of the layout.
- Provides the ability to link the schematic netlist in ExpressSCH to the PCB layout in ExpressPCB Plus.
- Added a “Net Connection” tool to allow users to highlight connected pads in a net from the linked schematic to assist in board layout.
ExpressPCB Plus version 3.0 introduces a new Netlist Validation tool which compares the schematic netlist to the layout in ExpressPCB Plus, verifying connections in both, and providing error reporting for any differences that are found. This provides the peace of mind all design elements are equivalent as designers prepare to move to manufacturing.
- Provides validation of the full ExpressPCB Plus layout for equivalence to the ExpressSCH schematic netlist.
- Provides error reporting for missing or additional components, pins, connections, or other design elements.
- Allows users to highlight errors, with option to zoom to location.
- Allows users to correct errors, and validate edits in one easy tool.
- Error reporting export capability in Microsoft Excel format.